What Makes Milton Great?
Tuesday Oct 29th, 2019
Milton is prosperous, affordable, safe, easy to maneuver, has good weather and outdoor activities, plenty of amenities, and close to larger cities.1
It is one of the friendliest and safest cities in all of Ontario; a place to feel at home.
Although Milton is Canada’s fastest growing community, with a population growth of 30% in the last five years, it holds onto its small-town roots.1
The Milton area has many Conservation Area parks, with hiking trails and locations for a wide variety of activities within its borders. Some of the surrounding parks are:
Hilton Falls where the Bruce Trail can be accessed
You will find the Mill Pond in downtown Milton, which is popular for wedding photos and has a trail surrounding it.
There are many organized and recreational activities:
- Biking (trail, racing and velodrome and recreational)
- Skiing (downhill and cross country)
The facilities are state-of-the-art including:
The Mattamy National Cycling Centre - Velodrome
more than 50 parks to enjoy
and both public and Catholic elementary schools in the middle of each neighbourhood.
It also has numerous golf courses.
Milton is in the middle of everything with the transportation infrastructure to get you there
- within 30 minutes from Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton
- 30 minutes from Pearson International Airport
- 1 hr. from downtown Toronto
- City life
- Professional sports events:
- Concerts in Milton, Hamilton or Toronto
- Shopping in Ontario’s Largest Shopping Centre in Mississauga
- South of Algonquin, Thousand Islands, and other National Parks
- Near several Universities and Colleges within driving distance:
-CDI College (Brampton)
-University of Guelph
-Humber College (Etobicoke)
-Laurier University (Waterloo)
-McMaster University (Hamilton)
-Mohawk College (Hamilton)
-Sheridan College (Brampton, Oakville & Mississauga Campuses)
-University of Toronto (Mississauga & Toronto Campuses)
-York University (North York)
Milton offers a great place to have a family, the ability to participate in family fun or train for more professional activites. It is a place where each family member can find activities to enjoy, and opportunities for advancement in education or business. Many transportation options are available for work, play, and education through the 401, 407, QEW, the GO or public transit. Milton is a multi-cultural city that I am proud to call home.
Post a comment