It’s here -- the first warm days of spring, with crocuses and tulips breaking though the earth, longer days, more sunlight…everything that reminds us of life’s simple pleasures.
It’s time to let go of the heaviness of winter and move towards the incredible lightness of summer!
Most of us are familiar with a traditional rite of spring – “spring cleaning.”
This year, Spring CLEAR! This task can be done in small blocks of time and, before you know it, you’ve lightened-up!
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. "
— William Morris
The Diva’s Top 10 spring clearing tips:
1. Freshen up! Out with the stale winter air. In with the fresh spring air!
2. Wash the windows. Let the sunshine in!
3. Clear clutter. Keep only the things you really treasure.
4. Edit closets! Pack away the winter clothes; bring out the light summery stuff!
5. De-junk your Junk Drawer. Who needs all that useless stuff anyway?
6. Add spice to your life. Replace stale spices with fresh ones. Savour the flavour!
7. Clean the fridge. Let go of food that has passed its “best before date.”
8. Banish the Books. Be selective and keep books you will read or re-read.
9. Medicine Cabinet First Aid. Dispose of expired medications responsibly.
10. Be a Generous Giver! Donate everything you don’t want, use or need!
— Downsizing Diva